Who may explain what EPUB 3 is better than the chief editor of EPUB 3 suite? Matt Garrish describes the new features of EPUB 3, compared with EPUB 2, and the requirements behind the new format’s version.
The Garrish’s work is very impressive. He describe each of the EPUB 3 feature deeply, listing the difference between others format and reporting the rationale behind every choice.
Although he describes the benefits of the new format, Garrish repeats all the time that the new features will be supported by the new eReader device so an ebook publisher must think about “old” devices.
Who may read this book.
The book is suitable for people who will write a book with EPUB 3. The book describes the new format’s feature, like multimedia support, so also who will explore new format for electronic publishing, like comics or multimedia books may found this book useful.
How the book is structured.
The book have four main sections:
- EPUB 3 in a Nutshell: where the author describes what is an EPUB and the idea behind EPUB 3;
- The EPUB 3 Revision: where there are listed the differences between EPUB 2 and EPUB 3. The author explains how the new format goes beyond the limitations and defects of its predecessor;
- The Goodies: in this section Garrish describes the new format’s features like:
- Multimedia, Media overlays and Graphic content;
- Globalization & Accessibility.
|Title:||What Is EPUB 3?|
O’Reilly give me a free copy of the book.